Monday, July 2, 2012

Old me. New me.


     I was looking through some of my old pictures when I came across this photo. This was back when I had long hair, didn't smile with my teeth, and was into feathers... well, I still am into feathers, but I've changed a lot in other areas, since then.
     At the beginning of this year, I embarked on the journey to love myself again. 2011 was a year full of low self-esteem issues and confidence defincencies. I was completely determined to change that this year.

     I created this poster/map/thing or whatever you want to call it, back in January to chart my progress on my journey. Since then, I have been writing in between, around, and directly on the wings, all of my "me" achievements and milestones towards being more self confident again.


     Sure, I've had plenty ups and downs; times when I still had a closed-mouth smile, times when I didn't want to speak up for my opinion and times when I just plainly didn't want to show my face. However, throughout my experiences I can easily say I am noticing a change in how I look at myself in the mirror and my inner dialogue has gotten much nicer. :)

     So, I challenge you to accept yourself as you are because we are all unique for a reason. <3
    
     honestly,
     mckenna k. xx




No comments:

Post a Comment