Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Wanna Be.



      I was looking through old photos of my old, one-foot-in-the-grave laptop and I came across this... I really don't even know how to explain it. This is back in my "Don't be hatin'" days.. Serious I said it all the time. Anywho, I first I was appalled by this monstrosity! However, the more I looked at it, the more I realized it kind of captures my whole life in one picture.

     My laptop is sitting open on my bed, hence the jumping picture-fest (probably trying to beat writer's block..). Gilmore girls becoming the center of my wall. Finished AND unfinished oil paintings; I think that green one is still in process. My best friend (a.k.a. my Polaroid camera in the "Chocolate" color). My fiery-red walls, that I have slowly come to regret but still love in a way. My owl quilt my grandmother made for me. Family pictures and memories scattered along the walls. My best ever thrifted item: my farm scene mirror (you can't see it all in this shot, but it's there <3). Hair spray. My word displayed for 2012. And my room is a complete disaster.

     I am carefree-ly jumping and looking some-what like a dork.. Oh well! :)

Sometimes, your past [pictures] turn into something great later :),
mckenna k. xx


No comments:

Post a Comment