Monday, July 23, 2012

I Don't Even Have a Good Enough Title.


This book will change your life. Guaranteed. 
      I know that sounds dramatic, but it's true. I had seen on countless blogs and heard from many fellow book-lovers like myself, (I had also been dying to read a John Green novel but never really seemed to get into one) that this book was hands-down amazing. But I wasn't convinced... well, until I read the first page.
      "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green is about one girl's struggle in the battle of cancer (but Hazel Grace would NOT call it a battle, because it is in no way, shape or form heroic) and about the boy named Augustus Waters who changes her outlook on life completely. 
        At first you may think this another one of those "cancer books" that make you depressed and thankful for your health and your life, but it is so not. It sucks you in from the first sentence and doesn't let you out of its grasp until the final words. 

Shots of the book every time I opened it. That's right, only 6 sittings. 

This book absolutely changed my life. And I am dead serious about that. It makes you laugh, cry, laugh until you cry, and then sob some much more, and most importantly it makes you feel and think. You don't want the finale to come and trust me, you will wish to savor it all again. 
     So, if you haven't picked this hidden gem up yet or you've been on the fence about reading it, READ IT. 

all my love, 
mckenna k. xx

Me being creative with the book's sticker. 



No comments:

Post a Comment