Sunday, July 15, 2012

Wish U Were Here: Summer Playlist

     In the summer, I constantly have the latest hits (mixed with some oldies for good measure) blasting all around me. Whether in the car driving to my next adventure, or in my room while working on my newest DIY project, music surrounds me. So I thought I would share some of my favorite tunes that make up my summer anthem. :)


1. Wings- Little Mix 
    Being the proud believer in girl power I am, I instantly fell in love with this British super group. They were the first all-girl group to win the X Factor, and I already know all the words to their first single. :) I even find myself strutting to this song... Embarrassing I know, but it's addictive!





2. Glad You Came (Cover)- Boyce Avenue 
     If you haven't been living under a rock and you have a radio, you have for sure, heard this song performed from the original boy band, The Wanted. But when I stumbled across this cover (I've been really into them lately), I kind of fell in love with the song that I had been forever annoyed by. They take a edgy pop song, and turn it into a relaxing, catchy tune.



3. Wide Awake- Katy Perry
     I have been a die-hard Katy Perry fan from her very first single, actually, I am going to see her new 3D movie today. :) But this new single has taken the cake. I believe her personal life has brought out the best in her music, and I am so excited to see where she goes from here.






4. A Team- Ed Sheeran
    I just realized how many British bands/artists I listen to.. weird.
    Anyway, Ed Sheeran is another British artist I found one day while checking my blogs. His voice is down-right amazing, but his songwriting... I can't even explain how good and beautiful it is. It was incredibly hard to pick only one song from this album!





5. Hurtful- Erik Hassle
    I downloaded this song, what feels like years ago, but I have completely fallen back in love with it. It is a little sad, but it is a great song, beautifully written and performed.

  6. We Are Young- FUN.
      Yes, this one is slightly expected, considering they play this on every station every four minutes, every hour of the day. But I absolutely LOVE it.
       End of story.






honestly enjoy,
mckenna k. xx

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying your posts immensely! Music to my ears :)

    ReplyDelete