Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Step in the Right Direction.

Photo credit; Amber Walker
Last week, I was brave.
    I walked right into a situation that was slightly, scary and with a confidence that wasn't at all like myself.
    One of my best friends invited me to her birthday party where I knew I would know no one other than her. At first, I automatically was thinking of excuses for why I couldn't go; I would simply stay at home and write her a Facebook message that night.
     However, the more I thought about it, I realized that was taking the cowards' way out and I truly valued her friendship-- enough that I texted her my RSVP that I would for sure be there.

 I had a great time picking out her gift and successfully pushed all of my nerves out of the way in order to not have a break down (Not really, but sometimes I get really nerved up over... well, nothing). When Thursday of last week finally rolled around, I was smack-dab in the middle of Nerve City. And I had a fashion crisis. And I almost couldn't find her house. And I kept reminding myself that I would be fine.
     And I was just that.
     I laughed, acted like myself, made new friends, forgot I had braces, and made new plans.
    
Sometimes, stepping down the path of the unknown or the path less traveled, is the way to go.

happily,
mckenna k. xx

1 comment:

  1. Just when I thought you'd written your best post, you stretch farther! Challenges me out of my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete