Friday, December 14, 2012

{My Little Pony Hair}


I did something crazy. Well, okay crazy for me that is. 

Lately I have been utterly obsessed with ANY type of colored hair. Seriously, if you have a primary color in your hair, beware because I will most likely be dying for a picture. 

A friend (she's also a blogger! go check her out!) and I were watching the X Factor a few weeks ago, and we flipped over Britney's hair during judges' homes week, when it had the pink & blue ombre thing going on. 

And so it all began.



We made the plans, and it was set! I made probably, the most impulsive decision of my life (well, I did consider chickening out before.. but I just couldn't)
We spent hours bleaching, dyeing, jamming out, and washing until FINALLY we had blue hair! And let's be real for a sec, I was completely obsessed with it. I literally took over 200 photos in less then 24 hours...


Then... the night mare set in.
 After only three days, the blue had faded to the ugliest shade of grey-ish green and I was forever depressed. :( I looked like all that & a bag of chips for only 72 hours and I didn't want to re-dye my hair again (it had already been dried out quite a bit the first time).

So, I discovered this shampoo & conditioner by Aveda, which puts the natural brown tones back into your hair without dyes or unnatural materials, and it is MY NEW BEST FRIEND. My hair has almost to it's natural color WITHOUT dye. So my friends, if you have this awful experience, buy this shampoo.



So, even though I was pretty sad it only lasted for three days, I am proud to say I was able to cross something off of my bucket list! Number 4 was "Dye my hair blue/purple/green, even if only for a little while." :) and that made me very happy. 

So until next time lovelies, 
mckenna k. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment