Monday, October 29, 2012

Style Icon of the Moment; Ariana Grande

Lately, I have been completely obsessing over Ariana Grande. It's no secret that I have been lusting over red hair for about.. forever! So, when I saw her gorgeous Ariel-the-Disney-Princess red hair, spot on makeup and retro with a dash of Audrey Hepburn style, I had my newest style icon. If I had discovered her this summer she would have easily made my Style Icon of this decade.
        So, since I missed the boat on adding her to my Style Icons Through the Ages, I decided to create a Ariana Grande post(s) all on it's own! I add the yes, because I am going to be doing a series of posts for this Style Icon; today is make-up, and I will be adding hair, and style to the series as the week progresses! Stay tuned! :)

I decide to start the series off with the most fun: her makeup. Seriously, it always looks picture perfect, and due to the fact that she just made a YouTube tutorial on her exact makeup routine, it was so easy to find! 
       1. She always starts by filling in her lashes, with some individuals. Personally, I think a full-set of faux lashes is just too much, so I am all for the singles. She didn't mention the exacts she uses but I you can virtually find them anywhere; the ones I love are here.
       2. She uses RCMA foundation mixed with a moisturizer (my favorite) to prevent cakey-ness. I have never used the RCMA foundations but it's pretty cheap, and this one is a close alternative.
       3. I freaking love this bronzer. It is seriously, one of the best you can buy that doesn't a) make you orange, b) get clumpy throughout the day or c) make your face too shiny. It's some-what of a splurge for a bronzer, but trust me, it's worth it.
       4. Urban Decay's eyeliners are probably the best there is on the market right now. They glide on super easy and never smudge. Seriously, one night I was out late & didn't remove my makeup, and when I woke up the next day it looked like it hadn't moved at all. I wear it in the color "Underground" and she wears it in the color "Corrupt" which was discontinued recently.
       5. Too Faced eye shadows have slowly become the only ones I use; they stay on forever and look so professional! She uses the the duo palette in the colors "Honey Pot" and "Cocoa Puff."
       6. I have never been a fan of the Clinique mascaras personally, but she raves about their high impact mascara so I might have to give them a try again.
       7. The original Chapstick is like, a staple to my makeup regimen. Duh.
       8. I am always a slacker when it comes to lip liner. If I don't absolutely need it, I usually skip it. However, Ariana uses the Inglot lipliner in color 74.
       9. I. Am. Obsessed. With. This. Lip. Color. Being known for her ever-amazing red lips, I was shocked to hear that Ariana usually wears Maybelline's Fushia Forever lipstick. BRB, heading to the store to buy it now. 
       10. Last but not least, is her blush. She wears MAC's Powder Blush in the color Pink Swoon. And that is just what I did for it.. swoon! So, gorg, I might just be heading to get this one as well :)

Also, if you would like to see Ariana put on this makeup routine for yourself and check out her amazing singing covers while you're there, you can find her YouTube channel here.

stay lovely, lovelies <3
mckenna k. xx

1 comment: